Thursday, January 25, 2007

Steve Bell


I graduated from the SUNY-Cortland with honors in 1989, and obtained my law degree from Nova Southeastern University in Ft. Lauderdale, FL in 1992. Met my wife, Lori, at college and we got married on New Year's Eve during my first year of law school in 1989. I initially served in the U.S. Army's Judge Advocate Corps as a trial defense counsel, appellate counsel, and contracts appeals attorney. Thereafter, I joined the litigation and licensing practice groups with the firm of Fenwick & West, Palo Alto, CA, where among other experiences I was assigned as the senior litigation associate defending Napster for a while. Following the events of 9-11, I returned to active duty and was stationed at the Pentagon providing advice to the Secretary of the Army as part of the Army's Office of the General Counsel. Since the creation of the Department of Homeland Security in 2002, I have served as the Chief of Staff for the USCIS Office of the Chief Counsel within DHS. My family lives in Ashburn, VA outside Washington, DC, where my son, Michael (8), and daughter Alexis (3 1/2), enjoy various activities like baseball, soccer, and basketball which I usually coach. Publications include Exculpatory Polygraphs in the Courtroom: How The Truth May Not Set You Free, 28 Cumberland Law Review 77 (1997-1998), based on material which I was lucky enough to brief to the U.S. Supreme Court while on active duty and is recommended for anyone with trouble sleeping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve - Not sure you remember me. I saw your post and had to write. My family and I live in Ashburn, VA as well. What a small world. I work at Venable in Tysons Corner. What a small world. Maybe I will run into you one day at the Giant or Kirkpatricks...how weird would that be. See you around the neighborhood.
Marielle Barnes (Knight) Class of 86

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I mostly visits this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]jioclassof1985.blogspot.com is filled with quality info. Do you pay attention towards your health?. Let me present you with one fact here. Recent Scientific Research displays that closely 90% of all United States adults are either obese or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am author of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.