Thursday, January 25, 2007

Eric Rennagel


“Following graduation from O’Neill, I attended the University of Florida (Gainesville) and subsequently Georgia State Univ. where I earned a business degree, graduating summa cum laude. Since 1989, I have been in a rock band in LA (everyone got a good laugh at the photo, I’m sure!), worked as Studio Production Manager at Marvel Animation Productions, sold television programming and consumer products licensing, as Director, International Sales for a major entertainment company in LA, and sold enterprise software as VP, Sales for several years in the Bay Area. In 1999 David Wheeler and I co-founded and ran a silicon-valley, venture-backed software company called Tivix.com, raising over $5 Million at the peak of the dot.com boom. Unfortunately, Tivix, like many dot.coms, eventually succumbed to the difficult venture capital-funding market that followed, but it was an experience that changed both of us for the better. Bitten by the start-up bug, in 2001 I founded and am President and CEO of Conecture Technologies (http://www.mymediabox.com), which, like Tivix.com, provides hosted digital asset management and creative approvals workflow software to the television, film and consumer products industries. In 1991 I married my wife, Kelly, and today we have two girls and a boy, Chloe (11), Gabrielle (8) and Brock (5). We have lived in Buford, Georgia, in the suburbs northeast of Atlanta since 2003.”

No comments: