Thursday, January 25, 2007

Kim Keefer

After receiving my bachelor's degree in politics from Marymount College in Tarrytown, NY in 1989, I worked at CARE in NY, NY for two years, and then moved to Washington D.C. to pursue a Master's Degree in International Affairs (conflict mediation). After spending some time in the non-profit fundraising arena, I recently decided on a career change and now work at ACS, Inc. in Germantown, MD (just north of Washington, D.C) as a Product Manager. ACS is a government contractor working with several government agencies, but my area is with the US. Dept. of Education. I am also currently pursuing certification as a Professional Project Manager.
In July, 2004 I adopted my son Alexander from Kalumna, Russia (just outside of Moscow) when he was just 12 months old, and now after almost 2 years Alex is a very energetic, smart, active little boy who is going to be 3 years old (hard to believe how fast the time goes). As long as all goes well with my career objectives over the next year, my intention is to adopt again, this time a girl from St. Petersburg, Russia. Alex and I own our home in Walkersville, MD (about 50 miles north of Washington, DC) and we just love it. Between holding down a career, pursuing further education, and being a single mom, I am a pretty busy, hectic person, but love every minute of it and feel incredibly blessed to have such a special and wonderful son, home and career.

Kim Keefer

No comments: