Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Barb Freson


Hey everybody! I guess it's time that I added my bio. Now I can finally rid myself of the guilt I have been feeling since Sue put so much time and effort into our reunion and this site. OK, let's see...What have I been up to since JIO??? I turned 40 this past September and it felt sooo good! I feel like the older I get the wiser I get and I love it...I have never been married, and have no children but I do have a dog and he's like my son. I have been to college quite a few times and have been working as a Respiratory Therapist, and a Paramedic for the last 14 years. I worked as Director of Lung Transplant at Columbia in Manhattan but found that I like hands on patient care much better than paperwork. I also taught for both programs at Rockland Community College for many years and now I'm taking a break from that tool I traveled to Africa in 1998 for almost a month. I was there with 5 other medics teaching. It was quite an adventure to live in the bush with the natives. Not sure I would do it again but I am a different person and I'm grateful for the experience. Soon after I came home from Africa there was the Ice Storm in Canada which I volunteered for to go and help. I was there for a week freezing my tail off and hanging out with the National Guardsmen in a Fire House. I got to drive a Hummer which was pretty cool too! Spent time at Ground Zero, needless to say that was an experience never to be forgotten.

So, I live in the area that we all (most of us) grew up in and I love the Hudson Valley. Liz and I are still best friends and see each other often. I had a great time at the reunion and look forward to the next one if Sue is willing to do it all over again...........Barb

No comments: